It's time for another Creative Fold share from a member of my Stamp Family. This card comes all the way from River Vale, New Jersey. It was shared by June Creagh.
June used the beautiful Falling in Love Designer Series Paper that is found in the Occasions Catalog along with the All Things Thanks Stamp Set. The front of the card is very elegant but it is when you opened it, it is a WOW.
It's an explosion card. I have not done an explosion card for a very long time and forgot that WOW fact of a card like this.
- Keep these tips in mind when making an explosion card:
- An 8½" x 8½"piece of Designer Series Paper serves as the folded insert, fitting perfectly within a 4½" x 4½" card base.
- Crease each fold firmly with a bone folder. Doing so will result in a flatter, more professional finish.
How to make your Explosion
- Fold up one corner to create a triangle.
- Unfold triangle, turn paper and refold in the opposite direction.
- Open paper, flip over and fold into a rectangle.
- Once unfolded. Push in the left and right sides (at the valley folds) to once again form a triangle. This is the only tricky part of an explosion card. Hope to do a video in the coming weeks to show those of you who are a visual learner like me.
- Lightly mark the center of the bottom edge with a pencil on both sides. Fold the top layer of left and right corners in to center point.
- Flip over and repeat, folding in corners on the second side.
- Working with one side at a time, unfold left and right corners. Invert the right corner to inside at fold line repeat on left side.
- Flip piece over and repeat, inverting left and right corners. Apply adhesive on side at a time and put inside your card.
DON'T MISS OUT ON MY MONTHLY CUSTOMER APPRECIATION SPECIAL